UN-BALLY-IEVABLE! ALDI LAUNCHES BALLYCASTLE THAT TASTES JUST LIKE REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
Sweet-toothed Aldi fans will be delighted to hear that the supermarket is set to welcome a NEW Ballycastle to shelves – the Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cream Liqueur (£7.49, 70cl) will land in stores from 29th June.
A luxurious blend of Irish whisky, rich chocolate and salty-sweet peanut butter notes, fans will be quick to notice flavour similarities to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups –but with a cheeky alcoholic twist.
Simply serve neat, over ice or enjoy in a deliciously boozy milkshake:
- 100ml Ballycastle Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cream Liqueur
- 100ml Cowbelle Chocolate Fudge Milk
- 500ml water
- 60g The Pantry Cocoa Powder
- Moser Roth Milk Chocolate, shaved
- Peanuts to garnish
- In a small saucepan, boil 250ml of water then remove from heat and add The Pantry Cocoa Powder
- Stir to dissolve and then add the remaining 250ml cup of water
- Once cooled, add the Ballycastle Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cream Liqueur to the mixture and leave to infuse
- Once successfully infused for ten minutes, shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Pour into your preferred glass and top with whipped cream, grated Moser Roth Milk Chocolate and the peanuts
The latest addition follows the success of Aldi’s Ballycastle Hazelnut Chocolate Cream Liqueur (£7.49, 70cl), which was noted as a delicious alcoholic twist on the much-loved spread, Nutella.
The supermarket’s Ballycastle range has scooped a series of awards. The Specially Selected Irish Cream (£7.99, 70cl) landed a ‘Great Value’ accolade in the 2022 prestigious Which? ‘Irish Cream Liqueur’ taste test, whilst the Ballycastle White Chocolate Cream (£7.49, 70cl) and the Ballycastle Chocolate, Caramel and Hazelnut Cream (£7.49, 70cl) BOTH won medals at this year’s International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC).