Morrisons has opened the search for its next national charity partner and the closing date for applications is Sunday June 20th 2021. The successful partnership will last for three years, starting from 30th January 2022.
Morrisons has a long history of supporting great causes and over £7m was raised during the three year partnerships with both Save the Children and Sue Ryder. Our current partnership with Young Lives Vs Cancer was targeted to raise £10m over three years, but was extended to mitigate the effects of the pandemic on our fundraising activities. Now in its fifth and final year, our awarding-winning partnership has raised £15 million.
Most of the money raised comes from colleague-led fundraising activity across our stores, sites and offices including collections, fundraising events and bespoke challenges. The other main source of fundraising is our Every Pack Gives Back cause-related-marketing programme, working with a range of products and brands.
Traditionally, the partnership fundraising has been 100% restricted to new projects and services. However, in recognition of the situation many charities are facing following a significant reduction in income during the pandemic, fundraising from the 2022-2025 partnership will be 50% restricted to a new project or service, and 50% restricted to existing core services.
David Scott, Corporate Affairs Director at Morrisons, said: “Supporting good causes across our local and national communities is at the heart of our business. We’re very proud of the work we have done with our previous charity partners and are excited to begin the process of finding our next one.”
The national partnership sits alongside Morrisons work with other strategic partners, with colleagues and customers raising over £1m for Marie Curie’s Daffodil Appeal and over £3m for the Poppy Appeal in recent years. Morrisons is also the headline partner for this year’s NHS Charities Together Big Tea and the Community Champions in all of our stores help to raise money for local charities and community groups.
Charities looking to apply or seeking further information should visit: https://www.morrisons-corporate.com/cr/charity-of-the-year/
To be considered, charities must:
- Be registered as a charity in England & Wales and in Scotland
- Operate and deliver services in England, Scotland and Wales.
Charities should be able to demonstrate:
- They deliver services or projects on a national scale, but with strong relevance to local communities
- Their cause and brand resonates with colleagues and customers in all Morrisons locations
- They have experience of delivering dynamic fundraising and communications campaigns, tailored to suit the needs of individual corporate partners
- They are able to provide excellent support to colleagues across all levels of Morrisons, including a dedicated account management team
- They understand Morrisons as a business, our key opportunities and challenges when engaging our colleagues and customers on charitable giving.