It is possible to earn more on TikTok than on YouTube, but it depends on a number of factors such as the type of content you create, your audience size, and your engagement rate.
TikTok’s monetization options are still limited compared to YouTube’s, which offers various ways for creators to earn revenue, such as advertising revenue, sponsorships, merchandise sales, and more. TikTok, on the other hand, currently offers limited monetization options for creators, such as the Creator Fund, which pays eligible creators based on views and engagement, and brand sponsorships.
However, some TikTok creators have been able to monetize their content in other ways, such as by promoting their own products or services, selling merchandise, or directing their followers to other platforms like YouTube or Instagram where they can earn revenue.
Ultimately, the amount of money a creator can earn on either platform depends on a variety of factors, including the size and engagement of their audience, the types of partnerships and sponsorships they pursue, and the quality and consistency of their content.
It’s difficult to determine the exact top earners from TikTok, as the platform is relatively new and constantly evolving. However, here are some of the most successful TikTok creators who are known to earn significant amounts of money from their content:
- Addison Rae – With over 85 million followers, Addison Rae is one of the most popular creators on TikTok. She has leveraged her platform to become a model, actress, and entrepreneur, earning an estimated $5 million in 2020.
- Charli D’Amelio – Charli D’Amelio is the most followed creator on TikTok, with over 130 million followers. She is known for her dance videos and has used her platform to launch a music career and partnerships with brands like Dunkin’ and Morphe. She is estimated to have earned around $4 million in 2020.
- Zach King – Zach King is a filmmaker and magician who has gained a massive following on TikTok for his creative videos. He has partnerships with brands like Disney and McDonald’s and is estimated to have earned over $2 million in 2020.
- Loren Gray – Loren Gray is a singer and social media personality who rose to fame on TikTok. She has over 50 million followers and has partnered with brands like Revlon and Skechers. She is estimated to have earned around $2.6 million in 2020.
- Michael Le – Michael Le is a content creator and dancer who has gained a huge following on TikTok. He has partnerships with brands like Bang Energy and is estimated to have earned around $1.2 million in 2020.
It’s important to note that these earnings are estimates and can vary widely depending on factors like brand partnerships, advertising revenue, and other sources of income.